The figure below illustrates the basic configuration of IROAST and its four major research areas:
Nano Material Science covers a wide area including the development of organic functional materials such as graphen oxide nano-sheets, catalysts and metal materials. It also includes the development of innovative materials under extreme conditions.
Green Energy includes the development and utilization of renewable resources such as geo-thermal, water, and bio-mass.
Environmental Science covers a wide area including the protection and evaluation of hydrospheric and atmospheric environments, analysis of climate change, and protection of underground water and shallow sea areas.
Advanced Green Bio covers a wide area for interdisciplinary life sciences relating to chemical biology, molecular biology, medicine, pharmacy, agriculture (such as the development of drug delivery systems), micro-CT applications, informatics applications, and so on.
We employ a certain number of excellent professors from overseas universities and institutions.
Tenure-track Professors and Associate Professors
They perform their research as principal investigators.
They assist research performed by the principal investigators.
We invite a certain number of excellent professors from overseas universities and institutions.
Steering Committee Members
- Director Takashi HIYAMA
- Distinguished Professor of Priority Organization for Innovation and Excellence
- Vice Director Jun OTANI
- Professor of Faculty of Advanced Science and Technology/ Graduate School of Science and Technology
- Prof. Tsuyoshi USAGAWA
- Dean of Faculty of Advanced Science and Technology
- Dean of Faculty of Engineering
- Prof. Fusao ICHIKAWA
- Dean of Graduate School of Science and Technology
- Dean of Faculty of Science
- Dr. Yasumichi MATSUMOTO
- Director of Institute of Pulsed Power Science
- Trustee and Vice-President of Kumamoto University
- Prof. Yoshihito KAWAMURA
- Director of Magnesium Research Center
- Prof. Ryuji KAKIMOTO
- Director of Center for Water Cycle, Marine Environment and Disaster Management
International Advisory Board Members
- Prof. Peter WESTHOFF
- Vice-President for Research and Technology Transfer, Dusseldorf University, Germany
- Dr. Anne GELLERT
- Director, International Office, Dusseldorf University, Germany
- Prof. Kwang Yun LEE
- Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Baylor University, USA
Fellow of IEEE, Chair of Technical Committee on Power and Energy Systems of IFAC